Is your school looking for ways to increase school spirit and make a positive impact on the world? With a simple, no-cost Shoeman Water Projects shoe drive, preschool, grade school, high school and university students can give their shoes the boot!
Getting started is simple!
- Let us know you’d like to have a shoe drive. Use the easy online form to request a shoe drive kit, email us or call 636-751-8197. You can schedule a kick-off presentation and a shoe pickup.
- We’ll send a kit with instructions, collection bags, and a sign.
- Announce your drive with our customizable flyers, announcements and posters and start collecting shoes!
- Email us or call us at 636-751-8197 when you are ready to have your shoes picked up!
- Consider being a drop-off site all year long. Besides helping to create life saving water, think of all the community engagement and promotional considerations!
Some schools have used their shoe drives as part of a classroom lesson, the cost of admission to a sporting event or as a competition with a rival school. Others have organized a Great Shoe Stick-Up and held their principal’s shoes ransom until a certain number of shoes have been collected.
Organize a Great Shoe Stick-Up!
- Discuss and get the permission of the school principal or other leader to swipe their shoes.
- Create a Great Shoe Stick-Up ransom note explaining the shoes will be held ransom until a certain number of used and new shoes are donated (we suggest 10x the number of people in the building).
- Send us your ransom note along with the target day you would like us to pick up your shoes and we’ll send you a shoe collection kit. You can also call 636-751-8197.
- On the planned day, swipe the selected person’s shoes taking pictures or video taping the event and the shoes. The selected person must go without their shoes for the day making a visible, barefoot statement about the plight of those without shoes and water.
- As soon as the shoes have been swiped, post the ransom note, read it over the PA, send a school-wide email or announce it at a special event.
Battle of the Boot Challenge
How can you pull off a Battle of the Boot challenge?
- Ask your school’s rival if they are up for a Battle of the Boot challenge.
- Work with Shoeman Water Projects to determine the logistics. We will provide a shoe kit and signage and we will come pick up shoes whenever your bins are full.
- We will pick up and weigh the shoes and keep a tally of how many shoes each school has donated.
- Everything will culminate with the winner’s announcement, complete with a golden boot trophy! Email us if you would like more information!
Promote your shoe drive!
It’s easy! Just download one of our templates, fill in the appropriate information, and send it out to the media.