Is your business looking for a way to get involved in the community? With a simple, no-cost Shoeman Water Projects shoe drive, you increase your organization’s community service, decrease landfill burdens, and save lives! Businesses such as Graybar have participated in organization-wide shoe drives.
Getting started is simple!
- Let us know you’d like to have a shoe drive. Use the easy online form to request a shoe drive kit call 636-751-8197. You can schedule a kick-off presentation and a shoe pickup.
- We’ll send a kit with instructions, collection bags, and a sign.
- Announce your drive with our customizable flyers, announcements and posters and start collecting shoes!
- Email us or call us at 636-751-8197 when you are ready to have your shoes picked up!
- Consider being a drop-off site all year long. Besides helping to create life saving water, think of all the foot traffic and promotional considerations!
Some companies have added to the fun to their shoe drive with a Great Shoe Stick-Up!
- Discuss and get the permission of the boss or other leader to swipe their shoes overnight.
- Create a Great Shoe Stick-Up ransom note explaining the shoes will be held ransom until a certain number of used and new shoes are donated (we suggest 10x the number of people in the building).
- Send us your ransom note along with the target day you would like us to pick up your shoes and we’ll send you a shoe collection kit. You can also call 636-751-8197.
- On the planned day, swipe the selected person’s shoes taking pictures or video taping the event and the shoes. The selected person must go without their shoes for the day making a visible, barefoot statement about the plight of those without shoes and water.
- As soon as the shoes have been swiped, post the ransom note, read it over the PA, send an organization wide email or announce it at a special event.